Saturday, June 18, 2011

Have you ever wondered why it's so hard to talk to someone new?

     I believe that the easiest way to break the ice with someone is to accept that you may have absolutely nothing in common with them on the surface but that somewhere in their personal luggage you share something.  Be it an experience, a place, a feeling, or the same middle name.
     My reference to luggage is simple, everyone starts life with a carry-on.  That carry-on holds our most intimate of intimate experiences, thoughts, and secrets.  It doesn't take long though for us to accrue more luggage to hold and carry everything we live through  But, everyone's luggage is different.  Different colors, styles, and sizes.  The trick is accepting that and trying to find a common piece.  You may never know what is in a person's carry on but you can learn to recognize what is in their other baggage.
     I used to be shy and unable to speak to anyone, now I can speak to everyone.  Every once in awhile my luggage/baggage holds me back but I fight through it and darn it I open it up so that it doesn't matter.
     So all I have to say to all of you, is my luggage is a royal blue, what color is yours?

1 comment:

  1. Yours is royal blue? So is mine! Also black... but I am open to switching to other colors as it gets lighter and rearranged. :-)

    ReplyDelete